Last week, I could not withdraw with my atm,apparently my bank didn’t link my BVN to my account even though I personally submitted the form. I was almost left stranded because I had very little cash left for the weekend and I had a lot of expenses that weekend.
My akaglue brain got to work immediately on how to cut all costs to the bearest minimum.
- I re-used my ziplock bags. Come to think of it, how come I never tried this in the past and these bags are quite pricey in Nigeria.
- I washed my car myself. Sorry Johnson (our security), I know that reduced your expected income by N1,000, but hey I fed you twice to make up for it.
- I taught my nanny how to single twist my hair and she did a fantastic job on my hair. That’s N3,000 saved from my supposed salon visit.
- I made my daughter’s oatmeal and rice cereal. Sorry gerber, I am just one customer out of millions, I bet you won’t miss me. I simply milled a small pack of uncle ben’s rice and quaker oats. I fortified each meal with crayfish, pure butter and milk.
- I was craving ice cream, then I remembered banana ice cream. Simply dice your bananas, freeze them, and blend at high speed. I added dry powered milk to make it more creamy.
Feel free to add yours.