Happy new month dearies. Can you believe it’s February already, the month of January went so fast . January was rewarding for me and I hope it was for you. If it wasn’t a good month for you, dust up yourself and continue the race. The mercies of the Lord are new everyday. Failing is not the problem rather it is remaining a failure that is a problem.
I embarked on a money cleanse in January. It wasn’t planned, it just happened and I decided to flow with it. I lost my debit card and I was too lazy to go the bank to get a replacement. So I survived the whole of January on little cash. The amazing thing is that I felt so refreshed afterwards, no feeling of deprivation.
If you didn’t start the year on a good ground financially, I will encourage you to embark on a money cleanse. If you are in doubt and wondering if you need a money cleanse, read my post HERE ON 10 SIGNS THAT SHOWS YOU NEED A MONEY CLEANSE and if you do not know what a money cleanse is, it is simply detoxifying yourself of bad financial habits. You can read my post HERE ON 8 SIMPLE MONEY CLEANSE STEPS TO FOLLOW.
Some of the things I did doing my money cleanse are :
- I did not replace my lost debit card and spent only the cash I had on me.
- I cooked all our meals, no eating out.
- I made most of our drink (Zobo and tiger nut milk). So our body was also cleansed from daily processed drinks.
- I washed and conditioned my hair, myself. So no salon visits.
- I did not visit any shopping mall, so as not to trigger any impulse buying.
- Everyone at home knew I was on a money cleanse and so no wastage.
- I did not visit anyone, it was basically work and church thereby conserving my fuel.
- I minimized my browsing to only important sites so as to conserve my data plan. No visiting of gossip blogs.
What did I gain from the money cleansing experience:
- My life in the month of January was so peaceful , simple and stress free.
- I spent time on myself, re-discovering myself. My weekends were for resting, attending church programs and strategizing for 2016.
- I felt accountable and generally happy with myself.
- My spending was reduced and I was able to fulfill an outstanding commitment.
So, go on and have a money cleanse if you have need for it.
Here is wishing all my dear readers a fruitful and rewarding February and don’t just read and pass, drop your comments, I love to hear from you.