I love going on holidays, whether long or short, be it beach, mountain, safari camps. I just love to lounge and explore.
In Nigeria, a lot people feel that all holidays must be abroad. But then, going abroad on a holiday can be quite pricey and if family budgets are tight, taking a vacation may be the last thing on your mind.
We neglect our country a lot, and there are so many holiday spots in Nigeria that are pocket friendly. I took a short vacation sometime last year to Ikogosi warm spring resort at Ekiti State. It was a very lovely experience for me. We spent the weekend there and I was so relaxed by the time we got back to Lagos. Enjoy the pictures.
Breakdown of the weekend holiday.
– Car charter from Ojota Motor Park to and fro (we chose not to drive) – N18,000.
-Accommodation – N24,000 @ N12,000 / night.
– Feeding – Nice affordable meals served at the resorts restaurant. – Approximately N7,000 spent for the 2days.
The resort also has a clinic.
Total spent – Approximately N50,000.
If you are interested in visiting this resort, I found a holiday package that also includes other tourist attractions such as Erin Ijesha water falls and Idanre hill on . See deal here packaged by Avant garde Tours .
Highlights of the deal
- Four day/three nights South West holiday
- Travelling dates:
- Group A – August 3 to August 6
- Group B – August 13 to August 16
- Two options available (customers can purchase more than one option):
- N79500 (15% discount) – One person
- N159999 (14% discount) – Two persons
- Travel package includes:
- One night accommodation at Adis Hotels or Equivalent hotel in Ibadan
- Two night accommodation at Ikogosi Warm Springs Hotel
- Three meals daily
- Trip to:
- Agodi Gardens
- Ibadan Zoo
- Olumirin Waterfalls, Erin Ijesha
- Ikogosi Warm Springs
- Arinta Waterfalls
- Idanre Hills
- All transportation in Air-conditioned bus.
Feel free to share your experience on any short budget vacation that you have had.